Personal Spanish has designed for people who want to learn the Spanish language while immersing them into our culture. Our program allows you to have a meaningful experience that will be a key during the rest of your trip; and that also will allow you better understand and participate in local cultures. To complement your Spanish classes, we offer cultural activities free of charge at least 3 or 4 times a week. Complementary cultural activities take place at the school location and in other locations. These may include:
- Tropical fruit tasting, many of which you have probably never seen or heard of before. You will have an opportunity to try them yourself as well as practice their names so perhaps you can find them again in the future.
- Presentation about the importance of coffee, and traditional dripped style coffee preparation and tasting
- Cooking classes of typical Costa Rican cuisine, learn how to make our famous Gallo Pinto (mixed rice with beans) and other mouth watering snacks such as corn tortillas, empanadas and tamales.
- Fun lectures about idiomatic expressions , courtesies and Central American culture
- Lectures and discussion about Costa Rican literature, music, arts and living without army
- Costa Rican and Latin American movie afternoons with free pop corn
- Put lucks of Costa Rican and international food.
- Typical breakfasts and lunches prepared by our staff
- Birthday and holiday celebrations
Outside Of The School
- Latin American dance classes
- Touring the Costa Rican National Theater, the oldest and most beautiful theater in the country.
- Visiting museums such as the National Museum, Jade Museum, or Gold Museum, all of which demonstrate Costa Rica’s rich history.
- Attending traditional dance performances and theater music performances.
- Visiting the Central Market in San José where you can practice your Spanish negotiation skills buying anything from souvenirs and wedding cake decorations to new cowboy boots or the day’s groceries.
- Excursion to Orosi Valley and its historical colonial church and monastery
- Visits to Costa Rica old capital city of Cartago and learn about it’s the religious tradition, beautiful market and historical ruins.
- Visit to our Costa Rican Parliament
Planning Your Stay By The Costa Rican Institute Of Tourism (Ict)
Around Our Neighborhood (Tres Rios And Curridabat)
- Places to eat: http://www.momentumpinares.com/directorio/
- Teatro Expresivo: http://espressivo.cr/
- Taller del Artista (Restaurant, café and bar): http://www.calirivera.com
- Terramall (shopping center): http://www.terramall.co.cr/
Around The University Of Costa Rica And San Pedro (3 Km From School)
- Planetarium: http://planetario.ucr.ac.cr/
- Insect Musseum: http://www.miucr.ucr.ac.cr/
- Jazz Café San Pedro (live music): http://www.jazzcafecostarica.com/
In San Jose (8 Km From School)
- Museums in San Jose and Costa Rica: http://www.museosdecostarica.com/museos.htm
- Costa Rica Children’s Museum (Museo de los Niños Costa Rica): http://www.museocr.org/
- Art city tour (One a month free night tours for museums, galleries and cultural centers in the city of San Jose): http://www.gamcultural.com/
Dental work with Costa Rica Dental Team http://www.costaricadentalteam.com/